[Share] Country Music Awards 2013

While doing some video surfing on Youtube, I came across some videos from Country Music Awards 2013. From where I live, there is very little exposure to American country music with the exception of some country artists who make successful crossover to the pop scene like more recently, Taylor Swift, Pixie Lott, Carrie Underwood, just to name a few. In fact, over here, we are unable to access a lot of Country Music videos on Youtube due to region restrictions. At best, we could only get karaoke versions or cover versions made by some wannabe home singers - mostly doing more damage than good to the original song.

That said, I did come across Garth Brooks previously when he did this song "Lost in You" under an alter ego "Chris Gaines" as it received airplay in the mainstream radios over here and I liked it very much.

I always had this (wrongful) impression that country music is about hillbilly in a cowboy hat singing songs with a funny twang. However, all these misconceptions were all but dispelled when I watched some of the performances on CMA 2013.

Here are some of the ones which blew me away. I will never look at Country Music the same way again. If you had the same misconception which I had previously, perhaps watching these videos might change your mind.

I strongly encourage you to watch if you have not watched it before.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please understand that your comment may not appear immediately as it will go through a moderation check to filter for spam messages so that this blog remains relevant and pleasant for all readers.

Ad Links by Google